The Center for Democracy and Rule of Law and the Independent Media Council, in collaboration with Souspilnist Foundation, invite journalists, media representatives, and students to participate in a public online discussion, “Journalists’ experiences with social networks in wartime: from blocking accounts to reporting from the frontlines.”
During the discussion, we will talk about:
- journalists’ negative experiences with social networks;
- actions to take if your account has been blocked or your post has been deleted;
- expressions spotted by algorithms;
- hate speech contained in social network posts;
- effective communication of the war in Ukraine via social media;
- working on social networks from the front-line and battle areas.
The event will be moderated by Тaras Petriv, an IMC member and president of Souspilnist Foundation.
The speakers are
- Otar Dovzhenko, chairman of the Independent Media Council and editor-in-chief at Detector Media;
- Ihor Rozkladai, an IMC member, deputy director and chief media law expert at CEDEM;
- Tetiana Avdieyeva, an IMC member and lawyer at CEDEM;
- Diana Dutsyk, a CJE member and executive director at the Ukrainian Media and Communication Institute;
- Dmytro Tuzov, an IMC member, Radio NV host, Media Club program host, and media expert at NGO Souspilnist Foundation.
The event aims to discuss effective interaction with social networks, problems journalists face while working with social media during wartime and ways to tackle them.
Date: June 30, 2022
Time: 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Location: on Zoom
To participate, please register by noon on June 30, 2022, on https://forms.gle/Gp47Rx2kfxn92c2BA.
Should you have questions, please contact CEDEM project manager Yevheniia Stadnik (email@example.com).